The Digital Lunch Talk “Careers in the financial industry” took place on 26th of October.
Our guest speakers were:
- Sonja Laud, CIO, Legal & General Investment Management
- Christine Tremmel, Senior VP | Relationship Management, Northern Trust Global Services
- Chris Hofmann, Senior Sales Executive Germany & Austria, Vanguard
- Jonas Neff, Partner at BiermannNeff – Executive Search & Talent Selection
Moderator was Fondsfrau Manuela Froehlich.
The three women talked about their careers and if and how they followed a career plan. Jonas Neff commented from his perspective as a headhunter. Here are some of the quotes:
- “Don’t be afraid to do trial and error in order to find out what makes you smile in the morning.”
- “I have used coaches in my career. It is the time in my diary where I have to reflect. A coach is a good sounding board for your self- reflection.”
- “Authenticity and staying true to yourself will unlock your potential … alongside a bit of luck”
- “Focus on your strengths, Focus on what you love, ask for job opportunities as they arise… Believe in your strengths, you are the best person to judge yourself.”
- “A Career Plan? When I was 25, I found this extremely difficult to say what I wanted to do in the next 5 years. I think it is more important to just plan the next step.”
- “It is always a risk to change companies. Usually you are paid better when you change, but this is because you are paid for the risk.”
- „With the right mindset and organization you can manage your career, family & kids and even run Marathons.”
- “Stay brave, even when you are pregnant or have small kids.”
- “With kids, you have to coordinate a lot! But with a good environment and a good partner, you can manage it.”
- „Don’t be afraid to ask! Show initiative and approach people proactively. Let them know what you are interested in and ask for advice and support.”
- “A good education and eventually further education are key. But what is also important: Focus on your interest, on your strengths, on your passion!”
- “Don’t be afraid to ask. Build a network! Reach out! I have never experienced that somebody says no when you ask for 10 minutes of advice.”
A very inspiring lunch break! Thanks to everyone that was part of it!