We are getting younger!
In any case, we want to ensure that female career starters and students also gain ground in the financial sector and find their place. And we want to attract more young women to the fund and financial sector so that the career pipeline is well filled. Only if a sufficiently large number of well-trained and committed women enter the industry can sufficient women be promoted at the top.
That is why we set up the “Steering Committee Young Professionals”. The following women are involved in the committee:
- Ilse Munnikhof, Expertise Lead Investment Advice, ING, Frankfurt and member of the advisory board at Fondsfrauen
- Judith Galter, Head of Sales & Marketing at Kathrein Privatbank AG, Vienna
- Simin Heuser, financial journalist und Social Media Manager at Fondsfrauen, Cologne
- Julia Pomer, Director, Wholesale Clients Germany & Austria bei ThomasLloyd Group, Zürich
- Teresa Schulden, Junior Business Manager Germany, Austria and Eastern Europe bei BlackRock, Frankfurt
- Us three founders of Fondsfrauen, Anne, Anke und Manuela
In regular meetings - initially digitally - we discuss what we can do for young women in our industry and we take action accordingly.
Our current topics on the agenda are:
- Addressing young women via social media in order to get them interested in the financial sector
- Establishing a buddy program aimed at younger women (similar to our mentoring program, which is reserved for our members with at least 5 years of professional experience)
- Organization of lectures at universities and technical colleges
- Separate subject area for young women at Fondsfrauen (with information, events and great interviews)
- Establish contacts with existing women's networks at the universities and plan joint events
- Discounted membership for students / young professionals at the fund women
If you have good contacts to a university or college that we should take up, please do not hesitate to contact us! We will be happy to contact them!
We are happy to be able to do something for young women in our industry, too! The whole thing is still malleable, so we invite you to take part and let your ideas become reality.